- In It For the Parking – this is my friend Rae’s blog about dealing with MS. It is intense, and tear-jerking, and joyful.
- Double the Fun – my friend Sadia’s blog about raising twins, often while her husband is away serving in the military.
- Across Divided Networks – my friend Andromeda, a classicist and librarian, blogging about the intersections between technology and information.
- Practical Free Spirit – my friend Amy talks about creativity (both in writing and music, since she’s excellent at both) and balance.
How Our Brains Work
- The Last Psychiatrist – snarky and interesting analysis of psychiatry, psychiatric meds, and society. Possibly my new favorite blog.
- The Art of Non-Conformity – the blog of Chris Guillebeau. He writes about personal development, entrepeneurship, and travel. I find the personal development & entrepeneurship posts insightful.
- Penelope Trunk’s Brazen Careerist – a lot about personal development and social interaction. There’s a lot of stuff here about careers, obviously, but I find it’s applicable more generally as well.
- Information is Beautiful – Great visualizations, including an absolutely awesome one looking at the proven efficacy of different nutritional supplements.